Saturday, 22 January 2011

First Batch

Afternoon all...

Well I have finally done it! I've made a batch of soap using my own recipe that I created!

So far I have been using a recipe that I was given on a workshop I attended. I thought it was a good idea to use a tried and tested one for family as Christmas pressies!  I have been using the soap with that recipe for a while now, and thinking about what I like about it and what I would like to have different in the soaps I make in the future...

I loved the lather and the fact it wasn't really soft so didn't dissolve away after a few uses and also the fact it was very natural.  I did however want it to be a bit more creamy and moisturing. I have spent a fair bit of time on soap calculators working out what would work best for me and finally settled on the ingredients and quantities of each. 

On Weds I finally made my soap (using a hand blender than the usual hour whisking by hand) and it turned and went in to the moulds very quickly! I split it in to two leaving half plain and putting oats, honey & lemongrass essiential oil in to the other half!

It has now been unmoulded! The honey bar has gone a amber type colour from the honey that I used and I am pretty pleased with how they have come out looking! Now I just have to be patient (something I'm not very good at) and wait 6 weeks to try them out! Fingers crossed!

Below are some piccies!

Hope you all have good weekends!



  1. Youe soap looks amazing, the white one looks like its got cream on the top Yum!!!!

  2. I can just about smell the Lemon grass......lovely!